- RIM-66 Standard (SM-1MR/SM-2MR), a medium range surface-to-air missile, the successor of the RIM-24 Tartar missile.
- RIM-67 Standard (SM-1ER/SM-2ER non-VLS capable), an extended range surface-to-air missile, the successor of the RIM-2 Terrier missile.
- AGM-78 Standard ARM, an air launched anti-radiation missile.
- RIM-156 Standard Extended Range Block IV (SM-2ER VLS capable), an extended range surface-to-air missile, being an Aegis VLS capable replacement for RIM-67 Standard missile extended range.
- RIM-161 Standard (SM-3), a naval launched anti-ballistic missile, based on SM-2ER Block IV.
- RGM-165 LASM (Land Attack Standard Missile) (SM-4) was a land attack variant of the RIM-66 Standard. Some older SM-2 block II/III missiles were planned for conversion, but the program was canceled in 2002. [((bibcite Raytheon RGM-165 LASM))]
- SM-6 Standard ERAM, is an upgraded version of the SM-2 under development designed to target both aircraft and high performance cruise missiles. The missile combines the proven SM-2 airframe with a seeker from an AIM-120 AMRAAM missile utilizing the AMRAAM seeker to hit targets outside the ship's radar horizon, increasing range and accuracy. The missile takes advantage of the datalinking capabilities of the SM-2 and AMRAAM, and is expected to be relatively inexpensive to develop and procure.
Bibliography: Raytheon RGM-165 LASM : http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-165.html
page revision: 1, last edited: 04 Aug 2008 14:14