January 10 is the 10th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 355 days remaining until the end of the year (356 in leap years).
- 49 BC - Julius Caesar crosses the Rubicon, signaling the start of civil war.
- 1475 - Stephen III of Moldavia defeats the Ottoman Empire at the Battle of Vaslui.
- 1941 - Lend-Lease is introduced into the U.S. Congress.
- 1941 - World War II: The Greek army captures Kleisoura.
- 1538 - Louis of Nassau, Dutch general (d. 1574)
- 1644 - Louis François, duc de Boufflers, French marshal (d. 1711)
- 1738 - Ethan Allen, American military leader (d. 1789)
- 1769 - Michel Ney, French marshal (d. 1815)
- 1893 - Albert Jacka, Australian soldier, first Victoria Cross winner (d. 1932)
- 1761 - Edward Boscawen, British admiral (b. 1711)
- 1851 - Karl Freiherr von Müffling, Prussian field marshal (b. 1775)
- 1945 - Warren Muck, soldier of Easy Company
- 1945 - Alex Penkala, soldier of Easy Company
- 2008 - Mikhail Minin, Russian Soviet soldier (b. 1922)
- 2009 - William Frederick "Bill" Stone, British World War I veteran (b. 1900)
Pages with the same tags
page revision: 1, last edited: 30 Mar 2009 04:42